IMPORTANT: There are restrictions on the liquids, gels and pastes you can bring through Security Screening.
This includes item such as drinks, toiletries and make-up. These apply even when you intend to check in your bag in at the boarding gate. Please read the information below.
Liquids, gels and pastes are not permitted through Security Screening unless they are packed as follows
- In ONE transparent, plastic bag that is 20cmx20cm in size. One bag only per passenger.
- The bag must be SEALED with all items inside.
- All containers must BE 100ML OR LESS in size - it does not matter how much content is left inside. Liquids, gels or pastes in containers over 100ml will not be permitted unless they are 'special items' shown on the list below. The maximum capacity of the containers in the bag is 1 litre.
- You must take your plastic bag out of your hand luggage at Security Screening and place it SEPARATELY in a tray to go through the x-ray machine.
- If you need to bring liquids, gels and pastes larger than 100ml, you must place them in your checked in baggage.
Special Items: Some liquids, gels and pastes are allowed to be brought through security in containers larger than 100ml. They will still be screened - see guidelines below :
Special dietary requirement/ Baby food or baby milk: you can bring enough for the duration of the flight(s)
- Prescription liquid medicines: you may be asked for documentation, e.g. prescription or doctor's letter
- Liquids purchased after Security Screening in an airport or on a flight: are permitted provided they are presented in an official, sealed security bag with the receipt of purchase.