Check-in & Security Safety Measures
While many aspects of your check-in and Security screening process at Dublin Airport will stay the same, we have put in place some new measures for your safety and protection. Take a look at our video below to see the new measures that have been implemented at Security screening.
What safety measures are in place at check-in?
- All passengers should wear a face mask during their full airport journey. We advise passengers to arrive at the airport with their own face mask however face masks will be available to purchase from our vending machines located throughout the airport or at The Loop.
- We encourage passengers to check-in online and use the self-service bag drop kiosks where possible.
- If checking in manually, plexiglass screens have been installed at the check-in desks to minimise contact between passengers and airline staff.
- All airline staff will wear a face mask where social distancing is not possible.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitiser provided at check-in before using the self-service kiosks or approaching the check-in desk.
- We ask that you follow the floor markers that have been put in place to maintain social distancing in the check-in area and throughout the airport.
What safety measures are in place at Security screening?
- All passengers should wear a face mask during their full airport journey. We advise passengers to arrive at the Airport with their own face mask however face masks will be available to purchase from our vending machines located throughout the Airport or at The Loop.
- Passengers will be required to scan their own boarding card on entry to the Security area.
- Security staff will wear appropriate PPE including face masks when it is not possible to socially distance.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and exiting the Security area.
- Floor markers have been put in place to maintain social distancing while queuing and passing through Security.
- If a body search is required Security staff will wear a full face visor.
- All Security trays are regularly sanitised by Security staff members.
What safety measures are in place at Fast Track?
- The Fast Track kiosks are regularly sanitised however we encourage you to pre-book online where possible.
- We ask that all passengers arrive on time for their 15 minute Fast Track slot to minimise queuing.
- Passengers will no longer be required to physically hand their Fast Track booking confirmation to Fast Track staff, however they will be required to display it to a member of staff and scan the barcode using the barcode scanner provided.
- Your valid boarding pass will still need to be verifed by Security staff on entering Security screening.
- We ask that you follow the floor markers that have been put in place in the Fast Track lane to maintain social distance.
The Fast track lane is operating in Terminal 1 but is temporarily closed in Terminal 2.
Yes, if your travel plans have changed please contact Travel Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or +353 1 944 2020 to amend or cancel your booking.
COVID-19 Travel Guidelines
You can view our COVID-19 safety video and travel guidelines here.
View our full list of COVID-19 related travel FAQs here.