- Security in T1 is now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Security in T2 opens at 04.00, so people flying from T2 should factor this in.
- We advise that you allow up to 2.5 hours before a short-haul flight, and up to 3.5 hours before a long-haul flight.
- If your flight is at 08:30 or after, please do not enter the terminals any earlier than 06.00
- Airline check-in desk and bag drop opening times vary, so please contact your airline to confirm and plan your journey accordingly.
- You can also view check-in times by airline and by Terminal HERE
Please see below additional tips to help you prepare for Security Screening, and a link to our overall Dublin Airport FAQs including COVID-19 travel related queries (travel advice page)
Please watch our security preparation video below, in addition to these top-line tips:
- Ideally only 1 piece of hand baggage per person. Check cabin hand baggage allowance with your airline.
- Separate out liquids, gels, and pastes into one single, clear one-litre plastic bag with each container no bigger than 100ml.
- No sharp objects have all electronic devices out and in the tray, along with shoes, jackets, coins, and jewellery. If you need to remove jewellery, please put it in your bag.
The Four S's Liquid Rules
Before travel prepare your liquids, gels and pastes using these four simple rules.
Please check our infographic for more information on the restrictions and permitted liquids at security screening.
Hand Luggage Permitted Items Guidelines:
- Special dietary requirement/ baby food or baby milk: you can bring enough for the duration of the flight(s)
- Prescription liquid medicines: you may be asked for documentation, e.g. prescription or doctor's letter
- Liquids purchased after Security Screening in an airport or on a flight: these are permitted provided they are presented in an official, sealed security bag with the receipt of purchase.
- If you need to bring liquids, gels, sprays and pastes in quantities larger than 100ml, you must place them in your checked in baggage, unless they fall into the above exceptions.
- Restrictions apply even when you intend to check in your bag in at the boarding gate.