Canada is closer than you think, in fact, it takes just under five hours from Dublin to reach St John's, the capital of Newfoundland, and the most easterly city in the country.
With St. Patrick's Day fast approaching we've teamed up with WestJet & Destination St. John's to give our Facebook followers a chance to win a fantastic trip to St. John's that includes both flights, accommodation, some great food, and the opportunity to see whales and icebergs.
This extraordinary city, the most easterly point in North America, is famously beautiful with its own unique architectural style and a vibrant, cosmopolitan vibe that is hip but still pays homage to its extraordinary past.
That past includes a strong Irish connection which thrives to this day. Did you know that Waterford city is twinned with St. John's or that The Irish Loop, a scenic driving route, is named to reflect over 400 years of history by Irish settlers.
Or that St. Patrick's Day is a public holiday and that the Signal Hill National Historic site goes green for the celebrations. So what better time to celebrate than with this fantastic prize which includes:
- Two (2) return economy flights from Dublin to St. John's International Airport provided by WestJet.
- A two-night stay at the The Inn By Mallard Cottage and two nights at Alt Hotel, St. Johns.
- Ocean Adventure tour for icebergs & whale watching.
- $100 food and beverage credit for Mussels on the Corner at O'Reillys Irish Newfoundland Pub
- City Tour for 2
- Admission for 2 to The Rooms Museum.
Located on a sheltered bay overlooking the North Atlantic, St. John's is closer than you think and the perfect destination for a city break. In early summer the icebergs can still be seen from the city and humpback whales make their way to the shores of Newfoundland to feed, making St. John's one of the few places in the world where travellers can watch whales and icebergs together, on land or by boat.
Stroll around the city, then dine on cutting edge cuisine in one St John's many restaurants. Hike long the East Coast Trail, and if you've any energy left afterwards you can dance until dawn on George Street, St. John's answer to Temple Bar.
Watch the sun rise before anyone else at Cape Spear National Historic Site, the most easterly point in North America, and just a ten minute drive from downtown St. John's.
WestJet offers daily non-stop flights between Dublin and St. John's, Newfoundland and a flight time of less than five hours means you can depart from Dublin at 8.30am and arrive at 10.00am, with the whole day ahead to start exploring this colourful city.
To enter, just visit our Dublin Airport Facebook page, like any of the competition posts, and tell us in the comment box who you'd invite to share this fantastic prize.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must live in either the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland and be over 19 years of age.
- The competition is not open to employees of WestJet, Dublin Airport or Destination St. John’s, their families, agents or anyone connected with this competition.
- The prize is subject to availability and is to be taken between June 1 and June 30 2018.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. If the original accommodation is not available a suitable alternative will be offered with no cash compensation for changes.
- Some experiences like whale watching and iceberg viewing are weather dependent, natural occurrences and subject to seasonal variations therefore Destination St. John’s tourism cannot be held responsible for cancellation of any activity due to weather or other reasons. There is no cash alternative if any component of this prize is cancelled.
- By entering, winners agree to their names and general locations being used for publicity purposes. The winner must agree to have his/her name published as the winner of the competition on company websites and/or social media channels.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Destination St. John’s & WestJet reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The prize does not include travel insurance, travel between the winner's home and the airport, transfers within Canada including travel from hotel, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where stated.
- Entry shows acceptance of these terms and conditions and daa’s decision is final concerning these T&Cs or any ancillary matter. Any breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant will void their entry. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
- The prize is subject to WestJet T&Cs outlined.*
*WestJet Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are confirmed Economy and valid for travel on WestJet direct services between Dublin and St. John’s NL.
- Promotional Pass tickets are valid for travel within June 2018.
- Requested flights are subject to availability.
- All travel must be completed before the expiry date and no extension of validity will be made.Stopovers are not permitted.
- Flight/date/routing change permitted (not origin/destination) after ticket has been issued.
- Tickets are not transferable, refundable or upgradeable.
- Frequent flyer mileage accumulation is not permitted.Upgrades (including certificates) are not permitted.
- WestJet is not responsible for any costs due to delay, cancellation or disruption of service or denied boarding compensation.
- Any income tax liability incurred in connection with these tickets is the responsibility of the passenger.