Please check all of your hand baggage items meet our security requirements.
The following section contains information guidelines on:
- Hand baggage for airport security screening
- Check-In luggage forbidden items
Hand Baggage Screening
We would remind all passengers that each airline has their own policy regarding hand baggage allowance and we strongly recommend that information regarding this is sought directly from the airline before travel. We advise you to only place valuables and items required for the flight in your hand baggage. All hand baggage will be subject to x-ray screening when going through Security. To ensure you are ready and can pass through Security as quickly as possible please note the following:
- If carrying liquids, please present your liquids, gels and pastes in a single, sized (maximum one litre worth of contents) and sealed plastic bag that is separate to your hand luggage.
- There are free plastic bags available before you go through Security.
- Place laptops and large electrical items separately in a tray.
- Keep coins, keys, mobile phones and other small items in your coat or hand baggage.
- If you need to remove jewellery, please put it in your bag rather than into the tray as it could be mislaid.
- Place your hand baggage and coat into a tray.
- Pushchairs, wheelchairs and walking aids will be thoroughly hand searched and will be subject to further screening
EU Liquid Regulations
Prohibited Hand Baggage Items
- You are not permitted to carry certain items on board with you.
- These are specified in a list of prohibited articles compiled by the EU.
- Security staff reserve the right to refuse permission to carry other items on board at all times for reasons of safety.
The following should not be carried in hand baggage:
- Knives (with blades over 6cm)
- Razor blades
- Box cutters
- Scissors (with blades over 6cm from fulcrum)
- Ice axes
- Ice picks
- Sharp or pointed martial arts equipment
- Drills and drill bits
- Bolt guns, nail guns, or any tool with a blade or shaft over 6cm (e.g. screwdrivers or chisels).
- Stun guns, tasers, animal killers, incapacitating chemicals
- Gases or sprays (e.g. mace), pepper sprays, tear gas and animal repellent spray
- Firearms, toy guns, replica/imitation guns, firearm parts (except telescopic sights)
- Airguns, pellet guns, BB guns, flare guns, starting pistols
- Bows or crossbows, arrows, harpoon guns & spear guns
- Slingshots and catapults
*If you are carrying firearms for hunting or sporting purposes please contact your airline for their specific rules and regulations on these.
Checked Baggage List of Prohibited Articles
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles in their hold baggage:
Explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft, including:
- Blasting caps
- Detonators and fuses
- Mines, grenades and other explosive military stores
- Fireworks and other pyrotechnics
- Smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges
- Dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
For a printable version of this list, please download the checked baggage list of prohibited articles below.Checked Baggage List of Prohibited Articles PDF 59 KB