Please check all of your hand baggage items meet our security requirements.
The following section contains information guidelines on:
- Hand baggage for airport security screening
- Check-In luggage forbidden items
Hand baggage screening
We would remind all passengers that each airline has their own policy regarding hand baggage allowance and we strongly recommend that information regarding this is sought directly from the airline before travel.
We advise you to only place valuables and items required for the flight in your hand baggage.
All hand baggage will be subject to x-ray screening when going through Security. To ensure you are ready and can pass through Security as quickly as possible please note the following:
- Size it: containers of max 100m
- Bag it: only 1 x 1 litre clear plastic bag per person
- Separate it: a sealed bag separate from hand baggage
- There are free plastic bags available before you go through Security.
- If you have allowed liquids of plus 100ml, such as baby milk, medicine or special dietary liquids, please ask a Security Officer for an allowed liquids tray.
- Take laptops and electrical items out of their bag/cover and place them separately in a tray.
- Keep coins, keys, wallets, mobile phones and other small items in your coat or hand baggage or place them directly into the tray.
- Place your hand baggage and coat into a tray.
- If you need to remove jewellery, please put it in your bag for safe keeping.
- Ideally no sharp objects, however small items of less than 6cm in size are allowed eg, a small nail scissors.
- Pushchairs, wheelchairs and walking aids are allowed through screening, please ask a Security Office for assistance.
EU liquid regulations
Prohibited hand baggage items
- You are not permitted to carry certain items on board with you.
- These are specified in a list of prohibited articles compiled by the EU.
- Security staff reserve the right to refuse permission to carry other items on board at all times for reasons of safety.
The following should not be carried in hand baggage:
- Knives (with blades over 6cm)
- Razor blades
- Box cutters
- Scissors (with blades over 6cm from fulcrum)
- Ice axes
- Ice picks
- Sharp or pointed martial arts equipment
- Drills and drill bits
- Bolt guns, nail guns, or any tool with a blade or shaft over 6cm (e.g. screwdrivers or chisels).
- Stun guns, tasers, animal killers, incapacitating chemicals
- Gases or sprays (e.g. mace), pepper sprays, tear gas and animal repellent spray
- Firearms, toy guns, replica/imitation guns, firearm parts (except telescopic sights)
- Airguns, pellet guns, BB guns, flare guns, starting pistols
- Bows or crossbows, arrows, harpoon guns & spear guns
- Slingshots and catapults
*If you are carrying firearms for hunting or sporting purposes please contact your airline for their specific rules and regulations on these.