A Better Dublin Airport for 2023
As many of you prepare for your Easter and summer holiday travels, the team here at Dublin Airport would like to tell you about the work that’s underway to deliver a better Dublin Airport experience for you in 2023.
What you can expect:
daa’s 15-Point Better DUB Improvement Plan:
- Strong security: 90% of passengers will pass through security screening in under 20 minutes.
- Cleaner washrooms: Higher cleanliness standards throughout both terminals with 1,500 cleaning hours and 120 cleaning inspections each day this summer.
- More seating: 400 additional seats being introduced across the terminals.
- New family seating zones: Dedicated family seating areas added in T1.
- Faster free Wi-Fi: Average Wi-Fi speeds to be doubled in the terminals during 2023.
- Better Fast Track: Full refurbishment of Security Fast Track in Terminal 1, with a whole new look and feel.
- More Charging Points: 20% increase in number of power sockets and USB ports available for passengers. All existing sockets tested and replaced where necessary.
- Less clutter: Clutter removed from both terminals for a quicker and smoother passenger journey.
- Better customer service: Always enough staff in place in key areas.
- Better taxi experience: 20% increase in permits issued.
- More bus options: 15% increase in active bus routes.
- More food options: 5 new eateries opening, with a new pop-up coffee unit during the summer months, and delicious new meal-deals across our food and beverage partners.
- More Sustainable: We are increasing the number of Low Emission Vehicles (LEVs) across the airport’s light vehicle fleet by 70% this year versus last.
- New ways to shop: Collection lockers are being introduced to make it easier for people to Shop & Collect at their leisure.
- Better App: Passengers will be able to leave feedback in real-time this summer using a new ‘Rate My Airport’ feature on the Dublin Airport app.
We’re advising our passengers to arrive at their terminal 2 hours before a short-haul flight, and 3 hours before a long-haul flight.