Travelling with Children
Our range of family friendly services are designed to help get your family trip off to great start.
Your hands will be full when travelling with children so before you start out on your journey, make sure:
- You carry all your travel documents in one easily reached place.
- Make sure your hand baggage meets security requirements before you leave home and work out whether you need to take buggies to the aircraft or check them in
- Remember to keep everything that your baby needs on the flight in your carry-on luggage, ensuring that it is always to hand, bearing in mind the EU Aviation Security Regulations.
- All carry-on baggage, including children's bags and items, must go through the x-ray machine. Examples include: baby changing bags, blankets, toys and formula.
- All child-related equipment that will fit through the x-ray machine must be screened this includes prams, buggies, baby carriers, car and booster seats.
- When you arrive at the screening point, collapse or fold your buggy/pram and place on the x-ray belt for inspection.
- Items that are in the pockets, baskets, or trays attached to the prams/buggy must be removed and placed on the x-ray belt separately for inspection.
- If any of this equipment does not fit through the x-ray machine, security officers will visually and physically inspect it.
- Medications, baby formula, milk are allowed if essential for use during the trip .
- Every person is subject to security screening, regardless of age (even babies). Everyone must proceed through the metal detector.
- Remove babies and children from their prams/buggy or infant carriers so that all equipment is put through the x-ray machine.
- If your child can walk without your assistance, we recommend that you and your child walk through the metal detector separately.
- You may carry the infant through the metal detector yourself.
- Metal detectors are considered safe for everyone, including pregnant women. The handheld wands that are sometimes passed over individual passengers are also safe. However, if you would feel happier with a hand search please notify the Airport Security Unit official prior to walking through the metal detector as this can be arranged
- We advise that you allow 2 hours before a short-haul flight, and 3 hours before a long-haul flight
- If checking a bag, verify your airline’s check-in & bag drop desk opening times, and if possible, allow up to one hour of additional time to check-in luggage.
- Security in T1 is now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Security in T2 opens at 04.00, so people flying from T2 should factor this in.
- You can also view check-in times by airline and by Terminal below.
VIEW CHECK-IN TIMES T1
The Stork Exchange
- The Stork Exchange is a baby and children’s equipment rental service that uses quality brands only.
- Hire everything from car seats to cradles, strollers and prams.
- Staff are trained and insured to install car seats safely.
- Equipment can be delivered to and collected from Terminals 1 and 2 and can also be brought to the car park or car rental depot.
To book online go to www.thestorkexchange.ie or for general enquiries contact +353 (0)87 998 3762.